Recent Election as a Royal Academician. Read more about the RA here: Royal Academy Website
– London Original Print Fair with Rabley Gallery, Somerset House, London 26 – 29th May 2022
– Escape Routes, Oliver Projects, 19 Ivanhoe Road, London, SE5 8DH, 13th May – 6th June 2022
ABOUT KATHERINE JONES RA
‘The nub of what drives Katherine’s work. The importance of protection in all its different forms and the disintegration that occurs when something enters a state of vulnerability’. Fiona Robinson RWA on The Precious Hours 2018
Katherine Jones is a contemporary British artist working in a combination of painting and traditional printmaking techniques. Her work revolves around perceptions of safety and danger, focusing on ordinary objects, spaces and buildings as a framework to begin to question these themes.
Public collections include the V&A prints and drawings collection, The Ashmolean Museum, Yale University Library and the House of Lords.
Recent contributions to books, periodicals and podcasts:
– The printmaking section of The Artist’s Manual book by Rob Pepper is written by Katherine Jones with help from artists Danielle Creenaune, Lucy Bainbridge and others recently published by DK.
– Album artwork for Interiors by band Ultramarine https://blackfordhill.bandcamp.com/album/interiors
– Oscillations Random Spectacular publication by St Judes and Blackford Hill Audio
– Talking Art recorded artist’s talk with West Yorkshire Print Workshop