”….the nub of what drives Katherine’s work. The importance of protection in all its different forms and the disintegration that occurs when something enters a state of vulnerability.” Fiona Robinson RWA on The Precious Hours 2018
Katherine Jones is a British printmaker and painter. Her work revolves around a of perceptions of safety and danger, focusing on ordinary objects, spaces and buildings as a framework to begin to question these nebulous themes. Her approach to the work, which combines traditional forms of intaglio and relief print, is direct and painterly.
Her work is held in public collections worldwide including the V&A prints and drawings collection, The Ashmolean Museum, Yale University Library and the House of Lords.
CURRENT AND FORTHCOMING EXHIBITIONS AND PUBLICATIONS:
– On Paper Campden Gallery, Chipping Campden GL55 6AG until the 8th March group show including Jake Atree, Stephen Cambers RA, David Edmund, Ralph Freeman, Brian Graham, Tom Hammick, Henry Jabbour, Katherine Jones, Lewis Noble and Mitsuko Shiraishi
– 14th-19th March 2020 The Faraway Nearby Rabley Gallery, Wiltshire. Group Show including work by Prudence Ainslie, Katherine Jones, Helen Barff, Meryl Setchell-Ainsle, Rebecca Salter and Sally Taylor.. Including a collaboration between sculptor Helen Barff and Katherine Jones.
– 1st-3rd May 2020 The London Original Print Fair with Rabley Gallery at the Royal Academy of Art, Piccadilly, London.
Katherine will be participating in the Meet the Artists event at the fair alongside a panel of artist printmakers on Saturday 2nd May 2020.
– 13th Sept-14th Oct 2020 Solo Exhibition We Grew the Long Bones curated by Katherine Oliver (Oliver Projects UK) at the Eton Drawing Schools, Windsor UK. A small selection of prints from the show will then continue at Jeannieavant Gallery, Dulwich, South London in October.
– 22nd – 26th Sept 2020 Impact 11 International Printmaking Conference, Hong Kong. An exhibition of collaborative prints by Katherine Jones and artist Jenny Robinson. Precise location TBC.
– 12-15th Nov 2020 Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair with Rabley Gallery, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, London UK
Etching An Artist’s Guide book by Ann Norfield, published by Crowood Press, Includes interviews on etching with Oona Grimes, Jason Hicklin, Brian D Hodgson, Katherine Jones, Hilary Powell and Marcus Rees Roberts as well as an in-depth guide to etching processes. Available from all good bookshops.